View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 08:00 PM   #11
CrazyTed

Default Re: New to 312 Y Block

My Dad didn't build the car. He lucked into it at a great price years ago. My Dad's death was definitely a surprise. He did used to drive it more but ended up with a beautiful '57 Bel Air, a '40 2 door sedan and several other projects so this got bumped to the shed for awhile.

I'll get the trans ID'd next time I'm under the car. As for not treating it like a Chevy, not exactly sure what that means. It did run pretty good before and now doesn't. Won't start without starting fluid. Figured a good, safe bet would be to rebuild the carb. The same carb that has been on it and was running ok to begin with. Will cost me about $30 for the rebuild kit.

As for the throttle linkage setup, it's just butt ugly and appears to be setup for several other things to be attached to it. At a minimum, I'll be cutting off all the extra metal that is not used in this application and paint the bracket. If I do create a new bracket or buy something, it would mechanically function the same but not be so ugly. I've built many things in the past including for racing applications on both cars and motorcycles. If I build it, it would function the same as this big, hug hunk of metal on the intake and block.
CrazyTed is offline   Reply With Quote