View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 05:13 AM   #8
KULTULZ

Thumbs up Re: New to 312 Y Block

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40 Deluxe View Post

Kultulz,

Does the LOKAR cable (I'm assuming it is cable) have the exact same geometry as the factory linkage? If this is a '56 trans, as mentioned, the throttle linkage is what determines throttle pressure, which in turn determines line pressure and, (combined with governor pressure) shift points. Too little pressure leads to too early shifts and lets clutches and bands slip and burn. Too much pressure, and shift points will be too high and harsh. Better to have a smooth trans than chrome bling, in my opinion!
The cable(s)/brackets can be chosen and assembled to operate the TV system (as on an AOD). The way I understand the OP is he wants to rid the install of the engine mounted throttle bracket. He would have to fashion throttle and TV/kick-down cables.

LOKAR offers kits and individual service parts to fashion almost anything.

I understand his concern. The look is antiquated and needs to be improved for his open engine. You don't want MR. VICE GRIPS to poke fun at him do you?

He also might have a COM or FMX. Let's see what he comes up with.

Too bad an assembly sheet was not kept to help him along.

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...

Last edited by KULTULZ; 11-17-2018 at 05:20 AM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote