View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 03:58 PM   #18
ford38v8

Default Re: Restore or just repair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfla View Post
JM35Sedan

I have a somewhat difficult time with the "Over Restored" term.....I have seen several factory photo's of V8's with some pretty exceptional paint jobs ie. marvelous reflective quality....Case in point (and I have tried to re-find it on facebook) but someone posted a picture of a Detroit Lions football player standing next to a 35 Sedan outside the Ford factory (from back in the day) and had it colorized and the finish on that sedan was just fabulous!!!! So I sometime wonder what "Over Restored" means????
To me, "Over Restored" simply means an attention to detail that would never have been done on a mass produced car. A level of perfection that was unobtainable on the assembly line, to the point of being incorrect and deserving of a point deduction on the Concourse. I understand that followers of this level of automotive perfection consider their creations to be what "Henry would have liked to build", and may consider the resulting point deduction as recognition of that effort. Just my humble opinion.