View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 AM   #1
Benny123

Default Constant Horn/ dead battery

About 2 weeks ago I had my buddy put a leakless tube on the steering column, to prevent steering lube leaks. Everything appeared to got back together and the car ran fine. I did notice a week later, the horn would come on intermittently when I put my lights on, but fiddling with it would make it stop. Yesterday I went to start it. Wouldnt do anything yesterday, so I assumed the battery was dead. (The arctic blast is here.) I left it on the battery tender all night, and tried to start again today. It made some attempt trying to turn over but still very weak. I then decided to try and jump it. When I did, the horn would not stop, no matter when the lights were on, off, or high. It made so much noise at 6AM, I decided to abort mission, figuring something is not right. Neighbors likely not impressed either.

Im thinking something is shorting out the battery/causing the horn to run constantly. Any ideas? Something wrong in the switch or horn button? Anyone else had this? 1930 Deluxe Delivery FWIW. Restored 1996.
Benny123 is offline   Reply With Quote