View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:17 PM   #8
H. L. Chauvin

Default Re: Head light connection

Hi Michael,

Hope you got your headlights working ........ and this below "may" or "may not" be your problem.

However, this is just one (1) past experience maybe for others in the future having problems with: ............ Head Light Socket Connections.

For over 20 years on Model A Forums, and with constant complaining about poor reproduction Model A headlight connectors; plus constant crying about not being able to find "original" headlight connectors anymore at swap meets, about ten (10) years ago, during restoration, I called Mr. Walt Bratton at Bratton's to ask what he thought.

Told him all the stories about headlight socket complaints where many were recommending direct wiring and forgetting about original connectors.

Ten (10) years ago he said he did not understand why this was so because for the past seven (7) years, (now from seventeen (17) to ten (10) years ago), he sold lots of headlight connectors and nobody ever complained ..... not even one (1) time.

I ordered a pair from Mr. Bratton ten (10) years ago and they worked great.

Here ten (10) years later they still work great.

From lots of past experiences trying to buy with almost everyone, Bratton's has often gone the extra mile to "constantly" search and "constantly" stock "only" the very best of the best and the most original parts in lieu of some of the cheap "me too" off the wall crap other Model A parts places offer.

In my opinion, when one hears reports that certain parts are questionable, one should never be afraid or hesitate to call the "owner" about his quality of particular parts.

Last edited by H. L. Chauvin; 08-13-2017 at 08:20 PM. Reason: typo
H. L. Chauvin is offline   Reply With Quote