View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
Keith True

Default Re: How Much Snow Did You Get Here In New England??

I'm about 15 miles in from the seacoast,but I can't really tell how much we have.On most of the flats the snow is level with the top of my plow,two feet.Then the ground is bare,then it is as high as the truck.I just saw that we should get a few more inches then it will wind down.If it had been wet snow I would have had to start plowing at 4 PM yesterday,and stay with it.With the cold it is fluffy and light,I can push it,there is just a lot of it.I have 19 places I plow,plus when it is like this I pick up 5-10 more for one time.Peoples plows,tractors,snowblowers break,or they normally shovel but find $30.really isn't much to pay to sit in the house and look out the window.My road isn't plowed yet,so the town is having problems right now.One of the town guys called to ask if my Bobcat was available,I told them it was in the garage with the key in it.Sounds like theirs is broken.Around midnight a few of the boys plowing for the state got sidelined,they had no clue where they were going.They couldn't even see the backsides of their plows from the drivers seats.I Know the feeling well.It is pretty scarey,you lose all sense of direction,right,left,up down,if you keep picking something up and dropping it your senses will come back once up and down is established.You also feel like you are the only the only person left in the world.
Keith True is offline   Reply With Quote