View Single Post
Old 11-15-2020, 05:11 PM   #12
Mart

Default Re: Need help-New to flatheads

Other than the booger welding, the mount appears to be a copy of the Hot Rod Works setup. If the torque arm has been made to the same standard as the HRW one, and the welding could be brought up to snuff, the rear end could work ok.

The emergency brake linkage, although not pretty, either works or doesn't work. If it works then as long as you can't see any reason for it to stop working, then also in theory there is no reason to not use the vehicle because of it.

With any divergence from stock, you have to weigh up the quality of the conversion work. The brake conversion. How well was that done? That's probably the most important part to be studied.

There probably are not any books as such that would give you the answers you want. If I were you, I would ask a question about each individual part of the car and back it up with lots of good quality photos of the exact setup. The experts on this site can study the pics and then say if things are ok or need work. And if work is required we can normally say what should be done.

You've already overcome the first hurdle by being able to post pics. People that have been here years are not able to do that.

So hello and welcome to the Barn. I hope your inheritance gives you many trouble free miles of early ford pleasure.

Mart.
Mart is offline   Reply With Quote