View Single Post
Old 10-29-2017, 08:27 AM   #17
jdpaxton

Default Re: 33 ford with muncie

Coopman great article describing the T5/torque tube. I`m not sure I would live long enough to do everything shown. I certainly wish to commend you and the others for the conversion and pics. Now I`m revisiting the New Process 3 + 1 O.D trans. in my mind. I have used this in a mid 60`s chev P.U. with wonderful results. Same size as the Muncie basically and has the chevy bolt pattern. (some of the flanges are a 1/8 too large to enter the bellhousing which is opened up. NP is available in Mopar also so get the chevy if you use the Speedy adapter to flatty) However the shifter is not internal like the T5. Has the mechanical speedo. Also works well with the low truck rear axle of 3.90. Like you, I hate to butcher up too much of the X member similarly on the 36 you were involved with. Also the Camaro tranny and the adapter from speedy have us well into the 1200 range. This is without a possible tranny rebuild. So $2000 kinda takes the fun out of the T5. The New Process from an 81 chevy van and a $200 adapter will only set you back 500.(or less) Be sure to get the shifter.
Could be the 4sp Ford tubman mentions is the less invasive swap and would work with the rear axle ratio. Thanks to all
jdpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote