View Single Post
Old 10-10-2015, 07:38 AM   #16
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Great day at Hershey

Steve, I'm glad you found some bargains, I found a couple too! But mostly, I was looking at items and putting them down again I did find a chrome spare cover and a B cam and some odds and ends. I guess I'm a "Glass is half empty" kind of person. I had plenty of money this time, but I wasn't spending it all on one or two pieces.Things I didn't see were Autolite Heater covers, Sets of adjustable lifters The panels that go over the doors on a Briggs Town Sedan. Things that I need. I did see a lot of overpriced "Stuff" ( I'm being polite). The worst part was I have a pretty nice 29 RR sedan fender that I couldn't get $125 out of. Or a 30 Briggs RR door with good wood that I'm reaching for $75 for. Those and a few other items went unsold. So, For me, Hershey was a big disappointment. Don't even know if I'll go next year, and it's only two hours away.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Wastler View Post
So I walked just over 13 miles of swap meet, and only saw about 2/3 of the vendors. had to leave without doing the last 1/3, musta wore the wrong shoes.
Model A parts everywhere you looked, some real bagins if it's what you were looking for. Weren't as big of a crowd as you would have thought for such a nice day. Met some great model A'ers, some turned out to be practically neighbors. Wasn't really looking for anything this trip, but did come home with a 1.00 rad. Support rod for 28-29 with original nuts and serated edge washers, a 5.00 tool bag, a 5.00 screw in gas tank screen, a 10.00 complete terminal box-base, lid, wing nuts, Robertson mounting screws and washers. A 3.00 toggle switch which could be used on a mail truck, for the cargo light, and a 250.00 NOS wide bed drivers rear fender. Fender has a little pitting from bad storage, but still very solid. Ran into another fellow that found a wide bed fender for the same money.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote