View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 10:18 PM   #34
bonesy

Default Re: Buy and sell parts

I'm all for buyer/ seller beware. But the guy you listed here is scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Tom View Post
This thread reminded me, two years ago I posted a msg on the barm, "32 ford parts for sale at Hershey location &^%$*&" and listed several items that I would have at my swap spot. Several barn guys came by, some bought. One guy wanted to buy the 32 closed car header panel I had for sale. He said he was looking for it for years but refused to pay my price (it was a reasonable price and some said it was under priced). I asked if he had any 32 parts for sale or trade? No. Long story short, I reluctantly cut the price and sold the part. Hours later and at least a half mile way, I was visiting a spot that was also posted on the barn. Low and behold there is the header I just sold, with $100.00 mark up surrounded by an assortment of 32 ford parts for sale. I though that's a lesson and yet being a red blooded capitalist I thought I could use this to my advantage and bargain for a lower price on a 32 firewall. The woman minding the spot said that the prices are set by her husband and they are non-negotiable. I persisted, she called him, and I talked to him on his cell ph. He said that if he didn't get his price it would go no ebay and if I could not afford it I was in the wrong hobby. I reminded him that he bought the header panel from me, he hung up. That guy is on the barn!
bonesy is offline   Reply With Quote