View Single Post
Old 12-19-2014, 12:57 PM   #267
VeryTangled

Default Re: 1933 can't start after recent restart

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankWest View Post
I know that quality tools are the only way to

When purchasing 6 sided sockets what do I ask for....6 sided sockets.
Should I get craftsman or go for snapon.
Snap-On is what is used at the educational auto shop I work in so I get to use them quite a bit, we have three or more of almost every product they make. Nice tools, good warranty/service, too pricey for my blood.

Since I was a kid I've put Craftsman in my personal toolbox. Never had a replacement issue, but I've only broken one or two ratchets of theirs. One point, when I replaced my last ratchet, about ten years ago, I was given a refurbished not brand new replacement. As long as it works, it actually makes me happier to know it had a previous life.

IMHO any tool that offers lifetime replacement is what I'd look for, so there are a number of brands that fit. Convenient service is nice. USA made is preferred.

The sockets that were recommended by Terry OH, are sometimes called "six-pointed" and the advice covers both sockets and box-end wrenches. The six-pointed make a better grip on the fastener. The alternative 12-pointed are easier to get onto the fastener, but don't make as good a purchase on the fastener.

Have you thought about supporting the Early Ford V-8 Foundation Museum?

Last edited by VeryTangled; 12-19-2014 at 01:55 PM.
VeryTangled is offline   Reply With Quote