View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 09:46 AM   #16
itslow

Default Re: 1932 1933 1934 Roadster Pickup info parts pictures

You should purchase a copy of DavidG's "The 1932 Ford Book", which is sold via the Early V8 Club's website, among others. It's a VERY good reference for '32 in general, but it does have a section on the open cab trucks.

There's also a copy of the "Ford Times" magazine that has a feature on the open cab trucks. I can't remember the exact date or issue number, but I want to say it was from sometime in the 70s. It's been a number of years since I looked at my copy, and I don't have easy access to it at this time to check.

There are a few of us in different stages of progress that are searching for different parts to complete trucks. Some of us have been at it for years, and are closer to having completed trucks than others. If you're like us - on a budget and doing it the hard way - be aware that it'll likely be a very long project. I have all the hard parts, but am always looking for more to build another (or upgrade to nicer stuff).

The hardest parts to find will be the windshield posts, filler panel, and top (if you want an original). The cowl and dash are by far the easiest, as they were shared with the big chassis that were shipped off to be turned in to buses, firetrucks, etc. The sub-floor is the same as a closed cab. The doors and back panel are also unique, but there are a couple of experienced metalshapers than can reproduce them (although not cheaply). The majority of the back panel can be made using a close cab section as a starting point. Wood for the door frames is reproduced.

Wanted:
- '32-34 Open Cab Pickup (RPU) parts and documents/articles/info
- ARDUN parts
itslow is offline   Reply With Quote