View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #23
Jazzjr

Default Re: They say the only stupid question is the one unasked, so here it goes

The addition of Safety Cut Out Switch is a Cheap Insurance Policy for Me. for $25. When I am done using my car, all Electrical Power is disconnected, to all circuits. If the case should arise while in operation something should start Smoking, I can Immediately turn off the Switch.

I also have everything fused throughout the car. Most Model A's Horn Power is from the Cutout, could burn out the Cut Out, Generator, complete Loss of Power to whole car if the Horn Shorts out. Mine only blows a Fuse, I can still drive it home to Repair it. With a Fuse Box, it makes Trouble Shooting easier, knowing what electrical circuit has trouble.

Ever hear on the News, a car sitting in a garage has a Electrical Fire, something burnt up. Loss of Car, Garage and Maybe Home. Yes todays cars have been improved with Fuses, Circuit Breakers, and etc, but it still Happens.

So why Not Install a Safety Cut Off Switch in your Model A. to Protect Your Investment, and Pleasure Car, if something should happened and you loose it for a mere $25, you can kick your own self in the A..
Jazzjr is offline   Reply With Quote