View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 01:46 PM   #30
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: Le Baron Bonney, Out of Business?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heneste View Post
Would be nice to see someone pick up the company but as Brent mentions, you need the skillset, the equipment, etc. It may also be the volume of orders required to keep the business feasible from a profit standpoint. As more generations move away from our hobby, the demand becomes less and less over time.

Please understand that I am not trying to start an argument but that comment is just NOT factual. People start these rumors that seem to have no validity and people jump on spreading them because they seem believable.

I have been an active participant in this hobby all of my life of nearly 60 years. I remember going to car club meetings and listening to the guys talk about declining demand for Model-As. Each decade since that time I have witnessed the Model-A hobby continue to grow. From my vantage point, the only things that have changed is that the hobby has gone from a Parts Restoration hobby to more of a Parts Replacing hobby. The hobby has also gravitated from hobbyists formerly being hands-on until now they much rather just drive and smile. Outside of that, there is still a strong following for both restored and unrestored Model-As.

As in the case of LeBaron Bonney closure, it appears they were a victim of employee turnover that was too difficult for them to survive profitably with apprentice craftsmen. Ironically, until the time comes where a new company emerges into the market with a more authentic or accurate Model-A kit, there are several very capable companies that are presently in existence that supply the same quality of material and craftsmanship that L/B was known for. Because of this, the hobby will never falter or be crippled by L/B's closing.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote