View Single Post
Old 11-13-2019, 07:54 AM   #5
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: Who's '33-'34 sedan windshield frame gasket works best

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ View Post
I think Drake windshield gaskets are the best . Very pliable and fir well.
.....and Tom, I agree with you. My experience goes back a few years, and the gaskets being offered then, may not quite produce the same experience/results as gaskets available today from these two companies.

I had both Drake and Carpenter, new 1935-36 Ford closed passenger car rubber windshield gaskets to use in two different 35 windshield frames I was refurbishing for two of my cars. The Carpenter gasket seemed to be of a stiffer/harder (higher durometer) rubber material as compared to the Drake four corner version.
The Carpenter gasket did not assemble that well into the groove in the frame, and did not fit well against the surrounding area of the windshield opening when frame was assembled onto a stock bodied car

The Drake four corner molded gasket seemed to be softer material when compared to the Carpenter offering. It was also much easier to work this gasket into the groove in the frame, especially at the corners. When this assembled frame was mounted into the body, the gasket conformed well to the body contour, and sealed against the body to prevent water/rain from leaking through the gasket, and inside the car.
My vote goes to the Drake gasket with molded corners.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 11-21-2019 at 08:51 PM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote