Thread: what category
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2018, 12:42 PM   #15
CHuDWah

Default Re: what category

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingski View Post
What category would a 1931 Ford tudor with a Mustang II front end, disc brakes all the way around with chrome spoke wheels, 4 cylinder OHC, automatic or six-speed tranmission, rack and pinion steering with tilt and possibly telescoping wheel, air-conditioning, electric widows, modern comfortable bucket seats, a modern matching chrome spoke on the rear-end, and a gas tank not in the cowl be called?

It isn’t a hot rod, It sure isn’t a muscle car. Would street rod be appropriate or maybe just modernized A?

Please no smart-ass comments. I really need to know so I can narrow down my search for this type of car. It’s on the top of my bucket list, and I want to own one before I croak.

I may be old, but I’m still very young at heart.

Mike

I'd call it a street rod or restorod but there really is no definitive term - depends on the interpretation of who's using it.

Not being a smart-ass but I gotta ask why a 4-cylinder? If you mean a Model A engine with an OHV conversion, that's one thing. But I assume you're thinking something like a Ford 2.3/2.5. In stock form, those are only 100 HP or less and automatic and air will eat up a chunk of that. With all the other mods you mention, you're already getting pretty far afield from a stock Model A - why not go with a V8? If you're looking to buy a car already built, one like you describe with a 4 will be harder to find.

Last edited by CHuDWah; 03-29-2018 at 01:19 PM.
CHuDWah is offline   Reply With Quote