View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 12:46 PM   #728
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Dale,
It has a mini coil and contacts like a voltage regulator might have. Could this be the flasher part of the system? Or maybe I didnt find the external flasher yet./ Not easy for this old guy to crawl under the dash in the truck!

Ford folks,
Cooper was helping today:

Seperate but related, I have two different headlight lens. One has glass tabs that stick out and three springs go over them and under the lip of the outer ring. But the other has three glass indentations. Anyone have a idea about clips for these? Front of the lenses look the same with same script. The clips look like it should be similar to how small cowl lights are held in place.
I May try to bend some of the other type clips to hold this lens. Will prototype that soon.

Moving stuff out of the shop to be ready to add lights tomorrow. Also have two fans to add. but not sure I need them? I did a thermal check today for the first time. Thermostat is set at 67. Floor was 68, ceiling at 15 feet up was 66. Humm? I thought I would be very warm up there, and it was not. Maybe loosing heat or just the way its going to be with heat in the floor?? All new to me.

Should have the reworked distributor/ bushings back this afternoon. Plan to assemble it and do a test. Have to run a new power wire to the on-off switch. I am getting some power through the old ammeter. Not sure if that is causing a running problem??

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote