View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 11:25 PM   #8
goodcar

Default Re: Matching Frame and Engine Value?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Model A Fan View Post
I more-or-less got out of Model A's a few years ago, but before I did, I saved aside a frame and motor that are numbers matching. I don't think I'll get around to building them into anything more than perhaps a drivable frame and perhaps mounting a cowl on it.

What I'm wondering is what the value might be for numbers matching frame and engines are. I'd like to sell them as a set, but don't have any value I can go off of. There isn't a title, as I bought it as non-running in 2012. I have too many projects in the garage and around my property and house to deal with and this one likely won't get rolling for years.

If anyone has some guidance, or a ballpark idea if there is value over the normal mismatch frame and engine, I'd appreciate some input. Thanks.
In my former state (Nebraska) you can request a title search through the DMV via the vin--the frame number. You can get a record of the last registration if it exists, after that, there are a couple of options to possibly obtain a title. Every state has different rules, you'd have to check what your state has regarding antique autos. If you had a title then there could be some added value to what you have.
goodcar is offline   Reply With Quote