View Single Post
Old 12-18-2019, 11:18 PM   #24
packrat5
BANNED

Default Re: Parts For Sale Again

I can't believe it either. The car needs some serious work, but it is by no means a rusted out POS. My plans were a 4 inch top cut, (which looks fabulous on this body style) 54-55 Packard Clipper taillights, 55 Pontiac side trim, no emblems or handles,a vintage type motor with 3 speed column shift, shortened 54 chev grille with filled cavity, smoothed bumpers, you know the drill. (maybe not judging by the few replies to my attempts at selling it) The motor was a challenge. A Ford? too easy, and what kind? A chev? Never. An early Olds 303 324? Too hard to put a stick on, and that pesky left side starter. A 331 Caddy? same stick issues as Olds. I even thought of a 327 Rambler. Yikes! Now that would be a challenge. I finally settled on a 315-325 Dodge or a Plymouth 318 poly motor. Easy to get a stick for, oil pan sump is in the middle just like the flathead that was in it, even found a couple of motors. Suddenly both sons found other interests of their own, and old age and retirement suddenly caught up with me. (meaning no money) I had one guy who wanted to "bag it". I told him where to go. Another guy had some "buddies" who were going to "drop in a tree pipty". Told him where to go. Another guy wanted me to finance the sale at $100 a month. meaning free storage until it was paid for. Judging by the look of him, it could take years.Told him where to go. Another guy told me to finish the chop, and he would give me the 1K I was asking. I told him if he would pay me $4500 to completely finish the chop, he could have the car for free. He left with a confused look on his face.
Now the storage facility I have been at since 1980 is for sale. I have 5 units full of cars and parts. I am at $50 a month for each unit. (you do the math on that one) If they sell, and I am sure they will, the rent is going to go up to what all the other facilities are charging which is $95 a month. This stuff all has to go SOON, or all of it is going for scrap.
packrat5 is offline   Reply With Quote