View Single Post
Old 08-30-2010, 06:36 PM   #40
Hot Rod Reverend

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

I haven't posted on here much, I usually spend way too much time over on the Y block forum or over on Ebay.

I got into Fords when I was 16 too. My first car was a 55 Club Sedan. That was in 1990. Everybody else my age was going after Mustangs, Camaros, or those low-rider trucks. Not me, I had to have an old Ford. I fell in love with the car the first day I saw her down in North Carolina -- just 2 miles from where my great Uncles kept their own stash of 55 and 56 Ford Crown Victorias and Sunliners.

Of course my dad fueled the flames by telling me about his first car, a 56 Ford Customline hardtop, that he bought when he was 16. His car was actually sitting on the showroom floor of a DODGE dealership at the time in 1966! It was a redone moonshine car in the hills of NC. 312, two 4 barrels, all of the go fast goodies, and from what his buddies, our relatives, and even the preacher has said - it was the car to beat in Mt. Airy, NC back in the late 60's.

Been in to Fords since 1990, working on a Sunliner right now (1955), and of course, I love the Y block!