View Single Post
Old 08-03-2010, 05:03 PM   #25
Hivolt5.0

Default Re: What made you a "Ford" guy?

I must have inherited my Ford addiction from my Dad as that is all we had growing up. My Dad taught my how to work on/repair cars while I was growing up and I spent many a late night with him fixing a car so he could drive it to work the next day. Admittedly I think my car addiction exceeded his; my Dad enjoys classic cars but he doesn't enjoy working on them like I do.

In comparing Fords to other makes, I like and appreciate a variety of cars but I always seem to come back to Fords and Mercurys. Recently I've had the opportunity to restore a '48 F4 for a gentleman I know (I'm still working on it) and help another friend work on his '50 F1 and just last year I purchased a '57 Ranchero from 40cpe (Thank you) and my kids love it. My daughter enjoys riding in it and she always sits right next to me and I hope my boys will catch the car bug so we can work on it together.

There's just something "magical" about the classic Ford and Mercury cars and trucks. They just have a class that today's cars just don't have.
Hivolt5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote