View Single Post
Old 02-12-2016, 03:32 PM   #120
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustynutz View Post
Most common rubber membrane is .060 thickness although .040 is available.
Mark said the material is about look and feel of an inner tube but a lot thicker. I just held my digital caliper at .060 and .040 and it looks about like a truck inner tube in thickness. Therefore the thickness would be about right. It's outside of the box and would need some texture to it, but everything I do seems to be outside the box. At 25 per yard, the Lebarron Bonney material would be about 200 bucks and that won't break the bank and it's a known commodity. I might clean a square of innertube material and try some preliminary tests. In the meantime I made some progress on my steel brackets last night and this morning. Maybe finish the gusseted brace at the B pillar after work. It will get a curved triangular gusset similar to one I see in that location on a photo of a '47 station wagon woodie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (54.6 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (55.0 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 022.jpg (44.9 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 049.jpg (53.3 KB, 72 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote