View Single Post
Old 03-27-2020, 09:20 AM   #15
DavidG

Default Re: Rear frame horn cover and more !!!!!

Sheldon,

Those with no wire hole on the right side obviously came from LHD cars, but the presence of the hole on the right side could also mean that it came from a LHD car with two tail lamps. A second tail lamp was a dealer-installed option for non-rumble seat equipped cars in North America and presumably also outside of North America. Likely some jurisdictions required two lamps just as some jurisdictions specified what type of lenses were required in the tail lamps.

The other David (tiger.1000), Keith, and I have been having a lively exchange of e-mails over whether or not there was a Ford-authorized method to permit a second tail lamp on a '32 with a rumble seat retaining the step pad bracket behind the tail lamp bracket. I am inclined to believe that there was as it would be difficult to explain away the second version of the step pad bracket with the forward hole slotted and a different profile along the lower edge of the bracket. Admittedly the method does require trimming the upper edge of the flange on the tail lamp bracket, which avoided having to design two additional tail lamp brackets (one for LHD and one for RHD). As always, my inclination could be erroneous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Book photos 034.jpg (41.7 KB, 1 views)
DavidG is online now   Reply With Quote