View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #76
KULTULZ

Post Re: 1955 ford station wagon with a V8 302 Engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolplayer1 View Post

The water pump I put in is a new water pump from master Pro. The new thermostat is 180 degrees.The new radiator cap is a 13 psi cap which it calls for. Still waiting for the Rad.to come back.

I found some casting numbers on the old water pump and they are; C8AE-J. I did some research and it looks like this pump was used in the 68 ford model cars that had AC. Would it matter if the new pump is for non-ac motors? Again I matched the old pump to the new one and they both are the same.The only difference is the pulley hub on the old pump is a 2 1/2" and the new hub is 2".

However,the pulley bolt holes match the new hub hole pattern so I don't think that its a problem,unless you think it might make a difference. I tried to find a new water pump from different parts houses by putting in the C8AE-J numbers on the search bar but nobody came up with a cross for it.

Mando
The pump used (C8AE) is from a 1968/ 302. It was used to have the correct FEAD (Front Engine Accessory Drive) for the engine swap/install, that being mainly WP shaft length.

It is correct if all the drive/driven pulleys line up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 350-waterpump.jpg (50.8 KB, 6 views)

We should have a contest. The player has to start at the very last post of a thread & then try to guess what the OP's original question was about ...

Last edited by KULTULZ; 08-03-2018 at 06:19 PM.
KULTULZ is offline   Reply With Quote