View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 04:13 PM   #63
poolplayer1

Default Re: 1955 ford station wagon with a V8 302 Engine.

After checking all the work that I did (New water pump,thermostat housing,and new thermostat,everything was ok,did not install anything wrong and since the trouble started right after I got my radiator back from the shop,I went ahead and removed the rad.again and too it back to the shop to have it checked to make sure there was nothing wrong with it.I told the guy in a nice way that I did not have any overheating problems before I took it to him other than a small leak at the bottom tank of the rad.He said he was going to take it apart again to make sure there was nothing wrong internally.So,while I am waiting Again for the Rad.to come back,I wanted to see what year this 302 was from.I removed the starter and saw the casting numbers which are the following: EOAE and underneath those numbers are: D5C.They were kind of hard to read but I did spray gunk degreaser to clean the numbers. Now,the E could be an 8 cause it looks like an E or 8. Can anyone here see if you can decode this numbers for me please. I also saw some numbers on the intake and those numbers are C8AE-9425-B but I think those are just for the intake,not the block unless you guys think that might be the block casting numbers.As always,thanks for all your help with this question.
Mando
poolplayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote