View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #42
Russco

Default Re: Cam Timing question for the experts on Isky 1007B

I just stumbled back upon this thread and saw the later replies to this. I’m especially interested in Ed saying they didn’t sell that anymore? The cam I got from a member here that was ground by Pete worked great! Pulled very strong In the 286” 8BA that I built. It pulled hard, had very good street manners and sounded great. I have since sold the car and it’s now in Japan. Some of you may have seen it though, it was in the Rodders Journal Calendar a few years back. But back to the post by Pete where Ed said they hadn’t offered that cam in years? I’m not sure what to think of that. I bought the cam new through Red’s and had to pay up front because it was a custom grind. But more disappointing than the 315.00 I was out on the cam, was the pissy attitude I got when I called Isky about the problem. I don’t remember who I spoke with, I know it wasn’t Ed, but I’m fairly certain he said he was related to Ed somehow. I’m not bashing Ed at all, I suspect he didn’t know anything about how any of this went down. I’ve met him a couple times and he seems like a great guy. All I know is when I called to try to straighten it out they told me “It was a custom grind and they didn’t have anymore blanks to do it again” And I was “Shit out of luck” . I still do have the cam, still new in the box with Rev Lube still smeared all over it. I still recommend Pete’s grinds to anyone I can. I would love to hear what they have to say about the cam I have that they don’t sell though. But I’m done doing business with them regardless. I’m not a professional engine builder so it’s not gonna hurt them I’m sure, but I just wanted to address the issue about them not selling that grind.

Last edited by Russco; 03-14-2020 at 08:26 AM.
Russco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)