View Single Post
Old 05-28-2019, 01:50 PM   #9
BRENT in 10-uh-C

Default Re: MARC facebook site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff/Illinois View Post
Reason so many knowledgeable folks have forever left these sites never to return.

Can't blame them I get it.

Unless folks actually saw what was happening on the MARC site, you likely can't believe it. The latest started out with a guy named Tim asking What is a Model AR, and if it was desirable. The answers started pouring in, and those answers were all over the place ...and about as far away from being accurate as anything could be. One guy commented they were Model-As with parts used from a Model-T. Another guy made the comment that an AR was a prototype Model-A before they actually went into production. Someone else commented about how Ford used Model-T upholstery and how Ford never threw any left-over parts away. It was crazy. A few told Tim that it was only a parts book designation and then the heated arguments ensued where posters were defending their incorrect random answers even though they were clearly not anywhere even close to being accurate.

Because of this is not just an isolated occurrence, the Administrators have said, if you don't know what you are talking about, then don't post because all it does is promotes confusion and dischord. Since they are the Administrators, then they get to call the shots. They have warned some of those people to quit posting misleading information, -and when those people didn't quit yet then choose to argue about it, their posted comment(s) gets deleted, and after a few more times of that behavior they get banned/blocked. THEN, folks get mad because they feel the Admins are overstepping their bounds. These posters of misinformation apparently feel they are entitled to post simply because of Freedom of Speech. Matter of fact, Roy Munson publicly told one of the Admins to go get F@#$-ed because the Admin did not share his incorrect opinion! Ain't no wonder people are getting blocked from further posting. I have been a part of Fordbarn since the year Gus started it, and I have never, EVER seen anything close to the behavior here as to what happens on the social media sites.

So as not to hi-jack this thread, I am going to start another thread on a similar topic that I am wondering if this behavior is the future of the hobby.

BRENT in 10-uh-C
www.model-a-ford.com
...(...Finally Updated!! )

Last edited by BRENT in 10-uh-C; 05-28-2019 at 02:42 PM.
BRENT in 10-uh-C is offline   Reply With Quote