Thread: Repair Manual
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2020, 09:30 AM   #5
Leadfoot4U

Default Re: Repair Manual

I've run into the same problem with my '34 Ford.....where are the "service/repair manuals" for these era automobiles?

As already pointed out, the Ford Service Bulletin's are a good place to start. Try to find the bulletins that are 1941 specific, and a year or two on either side of that year. However, these bulletins cover only a few topics that are usually related to changes in procedures/new tools needed for a part changed from previous procedures/general maintenance. They even get into topics that are related to only Ford Service sustainability....like, "For better profitability, have your servicemen wear clean lab coats". Their a start for your library, but not an end all for knowledge.

As Mac VP points out, no specific Ford manual exists. Gleaning information from various sources seems to be the best way to add information to your library. His website is a good place to start.....it was for me! So was your Les Andrews Mechanics Handbook Vol.I. My '34 is close enough to the Model A's to use the same components/procedures in some elements.

The Victor Page' "Ford V-8 Cars and Trucks" book is a good source too. Try to find a copy that's printed just after your year of production........by a year or two. Much like the Ford Service Bulletins, the closer you find information on your specific year, the more relevant the information will be.

Vern Tardels "Let me help you" series of booklets may help you as well.

If you can, try to find an original Ford "Parts Price List" catalog for your specific 1941 year. The images that are found in earlier/later years of these catalogs will not be a match for your specific year. The part number may be correct, but an accurate image is....as they say.....worth a thousand words. Same with the "Green Bible" that is a good source for knowledge.....find a copy that's released on/near your time frame of interest.

And as pointed out by nelsb01, the Early V8 Club has excellent resources for adding additional information to your library.

Last edited by Leadfoot4U; 09-29-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Leadfoot4U is offline   Reply With Quote