View Single Post
Old 12-12-2018, 07:41 PM   #13
A bones

Default Re: Some days i just want to dig a moat

Hey flatheadmurre, when I lived in the city (Phila) I was always on the alert for trouble. Through the years I've lost more than I care to talk about. The flashes of disappointment and disgust in my mind, just make my skin creep. I even took to keeping the hours the crooks kept to let them know I wouldn't share with them.

When I took to long haul trucking I had to pare down the collection and pay for monitored storage units (In a remote part of Hershey) for the dearest projects. Now I live in the sticks. I feel safer but watchful, waiting. My neighbor has a big loud dog, fire arms, and a well trained eye. I'm Grateful for that.

Thirty five years ago ( when I was between changes in life ) I was forced to experience the bit by bit disappearance of a favorite treasure (winning) one that had given me much pleasure and satisfaction. Nothing I could do at that period of time but, seethe with anger. As sickness moved into my heart, I turned to prayer. At that juncture I realized that I had got into the hobby for pleasure, fun, and a life long infatuation with the auto car. If my life decisions resulted in such feelings, then screw it. Let it go, Move on to the next project. I've since found five more treasures to keep my juices flowing.

The thought though, of 'exotic' metal turning not just into contraband but smelter fodder is disgusting.

My sympathies. So where can we buy a moat?