View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 11:57 AM   #13
Tim Ayers

Default Re: Need H10 coke bottle plugs. Got ANY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kube View Post
$300 for a set of correct plugs? Is it 1980? Think more like $750.

You deciding to not show at that "high level" is understandable. You most likely have a healthier attitude towards these old cars than I. The concourse is certainly not for everyone.

My wife shows dressage at a very high level. As you might surmise, it takes a LOT of practice, discipline and yes, a lot of money. Another hobby (at that level) that is not for everyone.
Do I understand it? Not completely. However, I do admire and respect her for her discipline.

Like me with regard to my high point restorations, we understand and respect each other.
Haha. I guess I need to bump up my asking price for a set of plugs I've been try to sell at Hershey for years. I just looked at the box last night and I have $150 on them. A lot of lookers, but no takers. I'm going to put them away for a later date since you never know if I'll need them.

I totally appreciate the dedication and work it takes to get cars, antique boats, horses, etc. to that high of a level. I love looking at them and can only imagine what it takes to get there.

Maybe one day I'll flip the switch and want to do something to that level, but I'm a hot rodder at heart, so some of my ideas and thoughts don't jive with the fully stock, high point restoration crowd. Different strokes as they say...
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote