View Single Post
Old 03-14-2019, 03:57 PM   #23
nevadavic

Default Re: Oil mist on left side of engine

After reading several "breather pipe" topics, I thought the solution would be to use a Model B breather tube since it is a Model B engine. Well, that didn’t work since there was an after-market finned aluminum side cover on the engine which stated; "this plate will fit Model B engines if the Model A oil filler pipe is used."

Other respondents said that extending the length of the breather tube was a solution. So I came up with this modification; a piece of leftover 1-1/2" radiator hose, a cut down Ace Hardware black plastic 1-1/2" dia. polypropylene tailpiece (4223848), a couple hose clamps and the original cap. The cap fit the tailpiece perfectly.

It works great! No more oil mist in the engine compartment and only a couple drops of oil under the bell housing. No, it's not pretty or "stock" looking but can be removed quickly to add oil or removed entirely when at a car show.

I did also take the advice of several respondents of keeping the crankcase oil level halfway between the "F" and "L" level on the dip stick.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020010.jpg (84.8 KB, 136 views)

Last edited by nevadavic; 03-14-2019 at 10:25 PM.
nevadavic is offline   Reply With Quote