View Single Post
Old 02-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
Tim Ayers

Default Re: 32 vs 33-34 Pedal Differances???

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
Tim,

With respect, the two versions each of the '33-'34 brake and clutch pedals have their own part numbers with only the basic assembly (pedal and pad were serviced together) numbers (40-2465 for the brake pedal and 40-7520 for the clutch pedal) being the same. A suffix of A and then B added to the basic numbers distinguishes the different versions. And the difference is not just the change in the pedal pads from the '32 pads to the screw-in later '33-'34 pads, but reflects a fundamental change caused by the revision of the pedal bracket that attaches to the frame.
The initial version of the '33 pedal bracket, 40-2467-A, had a pedal shaft location that was low compared to the shaft location in common 40-2467-B bracket. The first version was quickly obsoleted when it was discovered that the grease fitting on the clutch pedal hung up on the lower lip of the left side X member in some installations. The subsequent bracket revision elevating the pedal shaft axis required that the pedals be revised slightly to maintain the relationship between the pedals and their entry points through the firewall/floor.
I also disagree that the pedals were cast; the many that I have are all forged.

David:

Thanks for the clarity. I never looked at the last 4 digits past the #40. I just measured them. Why I know all this is for I used '34 pedals in a /32 pedal box on my recent AV8 build.

I learned the $$$ hard way after purchasing pedals that I thought were correct.

As far as cast v/ forged, that was my experience. I'll look for them, but I may have thrown them away since they broke while heating and bending.

Not sure where you are going with the spindles, for I never said anything about them being cast. Do you have me mixed up with someone else?
Tim Ayers is offline   Reply With Quote