View Single Post
Old 11-15-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
Alaska Jim

Default Re: 4000 series Holley carb. jets.

Sal, The Lincoln carb I just got without the choke housing, I got to looking at it and compared to an exploded view and my other Lincoln and t-bird carb, the discharge nozzle assembly was installed upside-down. so I took it apart and reinstalled it. it was obvious that it had been apart several times. the reason I ask about the availability of the secondary jets is that when I checked the primary jets and the secondary jets, they were #60 for primary and #96 for secondary jets. I think this may be to "fat" for my 2x4 set up with straight linkage. still along way off, just trying to get a feel for what is out there for parts. I know jetting will depend on a variety of variables ranging from cam selection to type of trans, gear ratio and tire size , just to name a few of the obvious things. I was wondering if I cannot come up with the proper choke housing and the 2 or 3 missing choke linkage pieces , do you have cores, or spare parts on hand that you would be able to supply in a rebuild ? this will eventually be the two Lincoln ECU 9510 E carbs on an Edelbrock 257 manifold on a 312 bored either 40 or 60 over with C-4 behind it. Thanks everyone for you replies, sorry I got to rambling.
Alaska Jim is offline   Reply With Quote