Thread: Fuel Adjustment
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2020, 06:07 PM   #15
Licensed to kill

Default Re: Fuel Adjustment

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHarvey View Post
Thanks all for the correct direction to turn the fuel adjustment knob. It makes complete sense to turn CW to close and CCW to open.
Mine is fairly stiff to turn so may try the dielectric grease.

I turned the knob CW until closed then opened about 1/2 to 3/4 turn and am still having problems getting it to run as good as it did before. It just seems like it starved for fuel. There is a slight pause, almost like a miss. I've been experimenting with turning the fuel adjust know 1/4 to 1/2 more CCW and that doesn't seem to help. Prior to this it was running great without any indication that it was starved for fuel.
I would clean the carb with carb cleaner, generously sprayed in every orifice, then clean the plugs, set your GAV to 1/2 turn out and go for a drive at highway speed for 10-20 miles then pull the plugs and check the colour. The you will know if you are lean, rich or good on the fuel side of things. MOST people report that they run the GAV at 1/4 turn out but my car requires 1 full turn even with an air filter to achieve a nice light tan colour to the plugs. At 1/2 turn the plugs run white and it stumbles and lightly backfires occasionally.
Licensed to kill is offline   Reply With Quote