View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 11:12 PM   #47
Henry's Lady's Man

Default Re: How do you avoid people swarming your car when you stop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diomed View Post
I've driven a lot of Shelby Cobra's around and people rarely looked twice at them. Whenever somebody did, it was to tell me about their '67 Mustang in the garage. With the Model A, it's totally different. Everywhere I go I'm asked questions about it. I get questions from all ages, men, women and children. I happened to be driving near an elementary school yesterday as they were letting out. The wife and i answered a ton of questions from the children. I'm happy to answer them, but I'm normally the type of person who likes to sit in the background and blend in with the wall.

These cars really seem to make people smile, and that's not a bad thing to me.
Good Comment, Diomed. I say to people all the time, "A '65 Mustang might turn a few heads, and lots of folks will say, 'Yeah, I had a Mustang! Or I had a GTO, or I had a Dodge Charger, I had a Grand Torino' ", and YES, THOSE CARS WILL TURN SOME HEADS.
BUT THE MODEL A WILL ALWAYS TURN HEADS!!! most folks today don't know WTH they are. They will call your car a Model T. [Ya gotta keep it down, maybe correct 'em, but don't insult them. They're just curious]. You may be "on stage" for a few minutes, but it's ok. They are enjoying a little piece of what you OWN.
It's ok to share some of your knowledge with the uninformed.
I too am a reserved guy , but have a keen interest in history, and love it when I see that in other people. BE CAREFUL WITH HAND SIGNALS. THEY EITHER THINK YOU'RE WAVING, OR GIVING THEM THE "F" BOMB. Chuck