View Single Post
Old 10-14-2019, 01:51 PM   #759
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Fred’s 2 seater Pawnee.

I once knew a bloke who had a Pawnee modified to a two seater. Such a modification was made to provide a training aeroplane for ag pilots. Whilst the cabin was widened it was still cramped especially the pedals. They were of a size more suitable for small children.
Well one day, on takeoff with only one pilot the aeroplane veers left and the more Fred endeavoured to keep it strait the worse the situation became. I asked Fred just what had caused this and he said he was baffled. It took ages for me to figure this out but the reason was quite simple and Fred wasn’t honest. He had his left foot on the left rudder pedal and his right foot on the left pedal on the right hand side which was intended for the pilot undergoing training. Thus the more he pushed his right foot on that left pedal the more it headed left. Wasn’t it easier to simply admit his error, after all it could have happened to anyone. Rectification was simple. A partition was placed between the pedals so as the pilot on the left couldn’t inadvertently put his hoof on the pedals intended for the pilot on the right.
The name Fred in phony. The picture likewise but not the incident.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fred's crashed pawnee.JPG (19.6 KB, 7 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 10-14-2019 at 03:34 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote