View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #743
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Today’s story is a beauty. Penned by my friend Mark, I reckon you’ll enjoy reading it. Cheers, gary.

Gary a pic similar to the Ford I sold to purchase the lovely economical Peugeot like the one that Pamela refused me and to have her then offer to take me out in a Korean thing for coffee like this. OH Revenge is sweeet.....

Revenge in deed is Sweet.

In 1962 my father received in lieu of payment for a substantial engineering project a Ford Customline similar to the car pictured. He did not like it and decided to give it to me as I had just got my licence. Now suddenly I was a hero. New mates and a new girl friend, Pamela. However I had not the financial resources to support the new glamorous life style. This whole gang of new friends and Pamela were draining because no one was dipping in for fuel. Just demands to go everywhere: surf, sun and Pizza.
This had to be rectified so asked my Dad if he would mind if I sold the Ford and he encouraged me ( I think now he knew the lesson I had learned) so I sold the Ford and had enough money to buy a block of land in Melton and cash for another vehicle: a Peugeot, a 1956- 203 c as per pic. Sunroof, leather, layback seats, heater, radio and a 403 motor and I was on my way...
Feeling very proud of myself dressed to kill, drove around to pick up Pamela and knocked on her door. Pamela appeared, looked out and with a rather sour look and asked me what’s that? Proudly I admitted that it was my new car to which Pamela responded “ well I am not going out in THAT”.
A couple of days ago an old school mate met Pamela and she asked after me. He informed her that I was alive, where I lived and gave her my mobile phone number. Subsequently she rang me and said she would be in the area and asked if I would like to have coffee. I responded politely and asked what was she driving to which she replied a Kia Cerato I then said there is no way I could lower myself or ever be seen with the owner of such a vehicle....
revenge after 58 years is so sweet......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mj ford.JPG (37.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg mj pig.JPG (21.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg mj girlfriend's rio.JPG (39.5 KB, 10 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 09-30-2019 at 03:28 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote