View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 10:38 AM   #6
Tod

Default Re: Tod's engine block

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
It takes a lot of equipment to control your own product in the foundry and machining of something as complex as an engine block. I'm encouraged that someone who knows what he is doing has even made an attempt to do what would be impossible to many.

Ford Motor Company started out by making their own patterns and taking them to outside foundries but they had the same problem with that. They couldn't completely control the process and production was spotty at best since they had to compete with other foundry customers. It wasn't till they built a plant at Highland Park that they had their own foundry and a complete machine shop all in one place.

I think Tod is going through his own process and it takes what it takes. Until then all we can do is encourage him to do what we would never be able to do.

Thanks for the understanding. I am working on blocks, a new B head (which should see castings within a week or so), Thomas heads, intakes, and the new OHV head (also almost ready to cast), on top of my daily Snyder's work. We were pushed way behind by foundry delays so things are moving slowly thanks to full work loads everywhere.

Tip of the iceberg.

Tod
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote