View Single Post
Old 02-13-2020, 12:41 PM   #16
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: crab distributor - only choice on early 21 stud ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Bellfoy View Post
This car will look like a Vicky fom 25 feet away except for the dual exhaust. I'm not into this project for speed, just a little bit of nostalgia to bring back my youth. I am in the process of installing front and rear modified middle and rear vinyl seats from a 2003 Ford Explorer. The rest of the interior material will be whatever I can find at the fabric store as this car is so far beyond being a true Model A now its no use spending the money I dont have trying to make it look original. Real true to life Model A restorers would cringe at its sight, I just wish there would be a Model A resto-mod group in my area. I'm bringing this car back to life from discarded pieces. there must be merit in that.
It does sound like a neat project, especially since you are building it from exist/discarded parts and pieces rather than taking a nice all original car and stripping it down to build a street rod. The title of your original post did not really explain to me the intent of your project. The 37-41 helmet distributor, especially the 41 with the 11A parts, is a fine/reliable piece if built/set up correctly. The 37- early 38, 221 ci engine is in my opinion the best of the 21 stud series of FH Ford engines.
Please keep us posted on the progress of your project with details and pics.

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote