View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 08:36 PM   #21
101Scout

Default Re: Advice needed for buying my roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryH View Post
I would also recommend looking closely at the roadsters…..and be sure that is what you want. They are very fun cars, and look great, but they are also a tight fit for many of us if you’re 6’ or taller. They are also basically open cars, so weather may be a concern, and, of course, you can’t really lock them up. I would try to ride in one and drive it first….just to be sure it’s right for you. We also don’t know your ability to work on one, and have tools. Some guys prefer to pay more and get a nice running car…..for others it is a great hobby and they really enjoy working on a project. Whatever you decide, best of luck, and for sure visit and drive, and if you are unfamiliar with Model A’s, try to bring along someone who knows what to look for.
Great advice, thank you. I'm pretty set on a roadster right now though there could be a sedan in the future as well, you never know. I think I'll fit fine being just 5 1/2' tall. I think it would be super fun to tool around in and maybe even do some weekend tours with the local Model A club (Sonora, CA). For less then beautiful weather I can cruise my '50 Buick, at least after I fix the cooling issue. I'm a competent hobby mechanic and I think I can probably handle whatever a Model A can throw at me short of rebuilding the motor. It's a pretty simple car so I think wrenching on it would be fun!
101Scout is offline   Reply With Quote