View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #80
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floyd View Post
A good bath, a tune up and a new old seat cover and you are ready for the show circuit!
Congrats.
Floyd,
The bath. I am afraid to! It has not seen water in 70 years.
On the seats: The back looks to be original but the bottom is not.
I checked with my local upholstery guy and he said the original material looked like his samples of "truck and Bus seat material.
He had a black and a dark blue material that I liked.
So I will ask a question, and I know everyone has a different view of things. Would a guy get the seats back to some like new condition?? That is what I feel is the thing to do.
So the seat back springs are salvageable. and recoverable. Clean and adde a wooden 1/4 inch backer board to attach and stiffen the springs was the suggestion for the seat shop.
The bottoms he suggested buying reproduction spring sets and he could cover them the same. (split seat) Looked in Snyders and saw some 32 springs I think for $140 each??
So I have this seat base with pretty good springs. Dont think I am going to use it. (Could take it apart and maybe build the split seats but a lot of moneking around and might not be close to being correct.

So what would you do with seating up grade? I dont think its going to cut it for me to use the very worn and very sad wrong bottom seat. If I get this drivable in the future I want my old butt to be comfy!

Regards,
Chris
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote