View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #54
Russ B

Default Re: Cabriolet assembly-photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Tahtaras View Post
... You should find three screw holes on the back side of the lower plank which were the attachment points to the backrest riser. The three holes on the riser are for angle brackets which connect the backrest at the holes I mentioned above.

Do you have the steel "hooks" that were riveted to the upper plank?
On the bottom of the lower plank, I found one screw hole, none in the center and possibly one on the other end. The one definite hole was at an angle and lined up about an inch to the inside of corresponding riser hole.

On the upper plank, there are two pairs of rivets, one pair can be seen on the third photo of my earlier post(9:49 pm 7/15). There have never been any hooks as long as I have had the car. The seat back was always problematic when I was driving the car in the early 1960's. More than once I recall the seat back slipped out of position if I hit too much of a bump.

I have two mortised slots in the wood bar that supports the front of the package tray, and matching slots in the package tray. These line up with the two pairs of rivets on the upper plank of the seat frame. Possibly an offset strap or hook of some sort could have been used to hold the seat back in place. Until now I had never given those slots much thought. That wood bar is the only wood in the car that has had minimal damage and that I plan to use. That wood package tray support bar is held by a bolt on each end attached to the belt rail wood. I recall other cabriolet photos I have seen seem to show the package tray supported by a strap screwed to the belt rail like my 45A's package tray. My package tray has no provision for such a strap.
Russ B is offline   Reply With Quote