View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Jim/GA

Default Re: Best place to tap into for 6 volt power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OL JENNY View Post
Where is the best place to get power for 6 volt accessories? I have installed a set of clear lens fog lights from Snyder's to use as driving lights for additional safety. These lights will operate on a toggle switch. Currently I pulled power from the passenger side (yellow wire) of the terminal box. I am using a 6 volt alternator, and just want to make sure I do not do something to confuse issues.
<snip>
You want to connect to the generator side (alternator side in your case) of the terminal box (yellow w-black tracer) so that when the alternator is not putting out enough current and you are drawing from the battery, it will show a discharge on your ammeter.

This will also ensure that the charging amps shown on the ammeter are only the amps going into the battery and does not include the amps being fed to the accessories.

In the future, I recommend you post 2 separate questions to the board with distinct titles describing the question, instead of combining them like this. You will get better replies.
Jim/GA is offline   Reply With Quote