View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 10:45 PM   #60
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The people on this site are so highly experienced and professional I sometimes feel like some kind of a hick the way I do things. 20 years ago I had occasion to stop at the 'Sportsman Shop' in Alger Wa. Bob Brown builds only ford Sportsman wood bodied convertibles. He does all phases from the ground up. A mossy old metal building in the woods, a bunch of homemade tools his son as his employee, a bunch of parts trucks and a hand painted wooden sign over the door. After I spent an afternoon there I was humbled and no longer felt the need for high end tooling and european made woodworking tools and cad drawings (whatever they are). My shop was kind of like his. His cars grace the likes of Pebble Beach and win high honors with the best of what comes out of the most exclusive shops in the country. Correct me if I'm wrong. I know very little about show cars having only been to one car show and that as a visitor. Didn't look all that fun to me, but neither does golf and that is hugely popular they say.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote