View Single Post
Old 08-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #58
Bruce in southern OH

Default Re: Yes, they are still out there NUMBER 2

Bubbas, thanks, have the distributor taken care of, used NOS points we have picked up over the years and replaced, condensers both tested fine, (set up on Sun and Allen machine and manual fixture by Don P. ) have a 1 nos rotor, but old one was fine. FordBarn always to the rescue. The engine did not turn over five or six times and BURST to LIFE. Ignition, Ignition, Ignition!!! I am boxing up 2nd spare coil and will send to Skip, I have talked to him and got price plus shipping, will use for spare or change out with coil on engine and save for spare.
Mike you are not the only one to ask about trunk, Mabe P. calls about every other day and ask what I am hiding from him, he knows I found Hoffa's body or a couple bags of Philly bank money. ( only a 35 nickel and four Lincoln head pennies ) Phil 32, is making keys but I have not received anything yet, got a PM from him and was told he would try again on Monday to make key. Need a FX314 if anyone has one????? When I open trunk I will video the occasion and post. Making a list now of taking the rear end out of Old Zephyr so I can pull transmission and change/examine the clutch/disc, etc. I will clean up everything while out, free up emergency brake cables. I will have to look up disc size but I think it will be a 9" clutch and disc #7550 in V8 books list 9", but think 7550 number is used for all disc, need a letter or additional number if 11" etc., any info is always appreciated, thanks everyone for the help, BJ

Last edited by Bruce in southern OH; 08-02-2014 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Change color of name to make clear
Bruce in southern OH is offline   Reply With Quote