View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 07:34 PM   #11
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Shock absorber, mounting

Hallo Werner, Wie Gehts? Sein Englische ist besser als mein Deutsche! Ich Lerne Deutsche. Aber das ist genug! I did not read your posting well enough the first time. Ich lerne Russische auch. Mein kopf ist veruecht! (Aaa, Bey, Geh, Dey, Eyeh, ) Wir haben kein Umlaut, so wir use ein "e" .
We are fortunate in that we get very few auto parts from India! (And glad for it!) We did get some low grade plumbing fixtures a few years ago.
Germany uses salt on it's roads? In America each state takes care of the roads inside of it's borders. Some still use salt and some are using Potassium ???. It doesn't harm the roads or the cars.
Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werner View Post
Good evening Terry,

I rather think that my English is too bad to understand everything correct.

That I chosed Mr. Stipe was because in this forum he was recommended several times. During the restoration of my Gangster Citroen 11 CV, I had particularly bad experiences with cheap spare parts from India.

The old shock absorbers consist of 90% rust and 10% paint. Hopeless. -

Yes, it is good to correct the built-in errors now and not during the ride. Now it is winter, there can not drive a vintage car, because a lot of salt is strewn on the streets avoid ice.
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote