View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 11:26 AM   #12
L5wolvesf

Default Re: Breaking Into An Open 55 Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Rick View Post
You lost me there. If you already know it is a 4 dr Customline, that IS the trim level, or am I missing something.

The models in order are Fairlane, Customline, and Mainline. The Fairlane Crown Victoria is the only special trim level I know of.

Maybe I am not understanding what you want to know.
The car needs some work done and, re the tag, I want to know what original paint and interior color(s) were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorwrench View Post
That tag should indicate type of engine and transmission it had too. It may also have the colors of paint and trim if it's like other year models I'm more familiar with. The door has to be opened anyway just to use the car.

If the latch control arm connected to the door handle assembly is pulling the mechanism and it is still not releasing, the star wheel may be frozen in place due to excessive wear or corrosion. Getting a good penetrant in the latch assembly is a must. If you pull on the handle and apply pressure with a porta-power from the opposite side B-pillar it might move it. Just don't get carried away without good support of the load bearing areas. Jiggling the door in and out may get it to free up. It's going to be a challenge but you should be able to get it open as long as the latch is releasing the star wheel.
Between the rains here I was able to go out and look at the doors a bit closer. I had forgotten the rod between the handle and the lock mechanism is between the interior panel and the inner metal skin – so easily visible. It is intact and I gave it a few shots of PB. Today I should be able to give it a bit more time, PB etc. Thank you