View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 10:08 PM   #46
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: 1932 serial number starts with D5

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmerson View Post
Not exactly on subject but can you guys help with a Vin number check? Just brought home a '32 full fendered '32 roadster purchased from the widow of a friend of mine. This guy had a restoration business in Reno,NV and had owned the car since 1952 and it was his own driver. The vin was 18500xx. Is that the correct amount of digits for a 32? Also have you ever heard of a '32 with '31 doors and rear body? I know the '38 Deluxe and the '39 Standard are about the same and the '39 Deluxd and the '40 Standard are about the same and I'm wondering if Henry used the body of the '31 until he ran out of them before using the '32? The '31 A400's doors fit inside like a '32 when all of the other '31's overlap.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim
There should be a star before and after the serial number. The "18" indicates it started life with a V8 and the rest of the number is the sequential production number. I assume you are reading this from the top of the left frame rail near the steering box? If not, the story might change. A photo would be nice. I have never heard of Model A parts being used on a '32 from the factory, probably something your friend did.

Charlie Stephens
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote