View Single Post
Old 04-09-2018, 11:05 AM   #37
wingski

Default Re: Is it a bad time to sell?

To all of you who haven’t knocked or belittled my car, Thank you very much.

If I would have verbally knocked and pointed out all the defects to the owners of cars I’ve bought in the past, I’m sure I wouldn’t be here. I would have been kicked, stomped, shot, or knifed. Maybe all at once. When I looked at a car that I wanted to buy, I saw all the things that I’d have to do and kept my mouth shut unless a fender was falling off. All those things wrong were why I was buying the car in the first place. The excitement of seeing those things and knowing that I could fix them was enough for me. If the fame was bent, I’d talk to the owner and find out how it had happened and explain to him or her what I’d have to do to straighten it. They were usually amazed at how much work I was willing to do to get their car back on the road and sold it to me accordingly.

I was taught to keep my mouth shut unless I had something good to say. I consider constructive criticism as something good to say. I consider bad-mouthing someone or something that someone else owns to be the height of direspect. Anyone who does such a thing drops pretty low in my estimation.

That said, fire away,

Mike
wingski is offline   Reply With Quote