View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 01:07 PM   #106
1932 V8

Default Re: How many of you are working on a 1932 Ford ?

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I have lived with the parts for the Roadster in the pics my whole life . My Dad was always wanting to put the car together but he never was able to . Family and just life always came first . He always wanted a Black Roadster with a tan interior . Although I was not able to get the Roadster to that stage I was able to make it a runner a month ago and we are driving it as much as possible . It's a lot of fun . It actually means more to me with all the colors on the car because that is what I grew up with . The body was the only part that came a little later . He found that from an old High school acquaintance that had stored the body and parts in a barn for 20+ years and never opened the barn the whole time .I was lucky enough to be a part of digging out the door of the barn to get the body out and other parts out. That was in 1984 and I was 14 . It was a great day . I wish my Dad was around today to enjoy his car but he will always be riding with us .
The car has an uncut original frame , Dropped Axle w/un-split wishbone ,a 39 trans a 40 rear end . Basically what Dad wanted was a 50's Hot Rod . About 25 years ago he decided to put a 65 Corvette 365 hp 327 in the car instead of the Flatty . I put it together with what I had but it will get a Flat motor before long . She deserves it ! I have some cool stories of the parts on the car and where they came from . I may do a thread on it someday when I have time . Enjoy !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC04251 - Copy.jpg (107.3 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg DSC04510 - Copy.jpg (98.3 KB, 155 views)
1932 V8 is offline   Reply With Quote